Come to New England Security Center for your Carbone Monoxide Detection Protection
Our CO Detectors feature:
• Most reliable and accurate sensing technology available (bio-mimetric).
• Not just sound an alarm, but also notifies a Central Station.
• Hardwired, does not depend on battery life or electrical outlet location.
• Identifies the zone in which CO has been detected.
• Easily connect to existing monitored security systems.
• Internal clock reports when detectors need to be replaced.
Safety is PRICELESS. It is impossible to place a price tag on the safety of people we love. Doing all we can to protect them is crucial. That means taking steps to make sure that a deadly gas – carbon monoxide – is detected and its source stopped, before tragedy can occur.
Carbon monoxide is a silent, invisible killer. It cannot be seen, tasted or smelled. According to the Centers for Disease Control, carbon monoxide poisoning is the No. 1 cause of injury and death by accidental poisoning in the United States. It sends an estimated 40,000 to 60,000 Americans to the emergency room every year and kills nearly 5,000 more. Sadly, most at risk are babies, pregnant women, and the elderly. Compounding the tragedy of these injuries and deaths is that they are preventable.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a toxic gas produced when carbon-based fuels such as gas, wood, coal, kerosene, oil, and other petroleum products don’t burn completely, or when products that burn these fuels are used improperly. If a furnace vent leaks, a chimney clogs, or a car idles in an attached garage, CO builds up in the home, dormitory, office, or other space with deadly consequences. 95 percent of all accidental CO poisoning deaths in American homes are related to furnaces and hot water heaters.
New Homes at Risk
Carbon monoxide has become a very prevalent danger, and it’s not just a danger in older homes. Tightly insulated, energy-efficient new homes not only keep the cold out, but in cases where carbon monoxide is released, keep the toxic gas in.
Deaths once attributed to smoke inhalation are now known to be caused by carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is an oxygen depleter and a major element of combustion. People don’t die from inhaling smoke in fires; they die because their body has been depleted of oxygen by inhaling high levels of carbon monoxide.
When inhaled, carbon monoxide replaces the oxygen in the body’s red blood cells. Deprived of this vital element, human organs and tissues lose their ability to function properly.
Brain Damage among Threats
Exposure to very high concentrations can kill within minutes. Victims become disoriented and confused at first, unable to leave the area or call for help. They lose consciousness, go into convulsions, and suffer heart or respiratory failure. Brain damage occurs days to weeks later in half the patients with a serious case of CO poisoning.
Another threat is low-level, continuing exposure over an extended period of time. The victims may suffer from headaches, nausea, and fatigue, yet not even know that they are suffering from CO poisoning. These symptoms are associated with so many other illnesses, you may never realize that carbon monoxide is the cause.
Individuals who survive CO poisoning can suffer brain, heart, and kidney damage, especially children, the elderly, and individuals with health problems. In severe cases, brain damage can be permanent. Some people can exhibit mild symptoms, but have acute poisoning; others may not react to CO poisoning until days or even weeks after exposure. Delayed symptoms may include memory loss, personality change, impaired reasoning, and behavioral or learning difficulties.